JeffreyKeeten

JeffreyKeeten

Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? - Steven Tyler I'm not really sure what most of the reviewers/readers of this book expected. They are complaining about the adolescent, egotistical, drug abusing, sex indulgent lifestyle of a rock star. This was what I already knew about Steven Tyler and pretty much any other hard rocking successful star from his era and any other era. He is hormonally driven. He is an addict. He is convinced of his own rock star immortality. I believe that a large part of his success comes from being all of those things. I don't believe you can get up in front of thousands of people and not think you are one of the best at what you do.

Maybe people reading this biography were looking for humbleness or haha maturity from a 63 year old rock warrior. He walked the walk. He was lucky to survive it and he is more aware than anyone of his faults. Despite his faults he does realize that he has value and can still contribute more music. He is maybe more human and more honest in this book than what people wanted to know. Unfortunately I believe that a lot of people are picking up this autobiography because they enjoy Steven's quirky behavior on American Idol. They are finding more thorns and thistles than expected and find it all a bit unsavory.

I enjoyed this book. I laughed out loud. I cringed. At times I felt sorry for him and other times I felt at times he needed to suffer more. The book is written in his voice. It is just like sitting down and having a conversation with Steven Tyler. His mind skitters around much as you would expect it to. He is a unique individual and makes people feel uncomfortable. I think we need him to be this way. I don't want his life. I'm not sure I would survive even a week of being Steven Tyler. He works hard, plays hard and enjoys the rewards and suffers the consequences. Overall a great ride through a life few have the opportunity to experience.